This is quite incredible. I leave this blog for two weeks (thank you very much stupid swine flu vaccine) and I come back to find that I've won an award? For doing nothing?? Exactly what are you trying to encourage Kate? (But thank you all the same). Btw, check out Kate's blog now! It was the first blog I followed after starting my own and is always guaranteed to bring a smile to your face, or at least make you snort.
So, apparently I now have to fulfil a few rules and requirements:
Share 7 things that you don't already know about me.
Name 7 other blogs to receive this award.
Leave a comment on each of the blogs I nominated.
Thank the person who gave you the award.
Well here goes!
- I can't seem to escape weddings. Over 27 years I've attended something like 70+ weddings. And no, I don't do the whole Wedding Crashers thing. I have a feeling my wife wouldn't take too kindly to such shenanigans.
- I'm an American Civil War nut. I can tell you what Stonewall Jackson's favourite food was, I can sing you any civil war song you ask me to, I can even identify any number of regimental flags - and I'm Australian. I don't even know when Australia Day is! However I do know that Canada Day falls on July 1st. Mmmmm, pancakes with bacon and maple syrup... gaahhggghhhhhh...
- I always leave the toilet seat down. In fact, my wife leaves the toilet seat up more often than I do. Which begs the question, what the hell is she doing all those times? Perhaps she read my first post and is trying to prove me wrong.
- My two favourite meats to eat are lobster and crocodile. This may explain why I'm so poor.
- When I was a little boy, I was convinced that lying down straight after eating would turn me into a cow. You'd think most kids would be all like "hell yeah! I can be a huge animal with horns!" Alas, the cow I always pictured in my head was small, sad and moping. Plus, I wasn't too keen on the idea of having a giant set of udders on my belly.
- You know that hair that grows on a man's upper lip? You know how men typically shave it off using what's called a razor? I do that too. Only substitute the word 'shave' with 'pluck', and instead of 'razor' read 'tweezer'. And I do it without flinching too. (I will dedicate a separate post to this later. Warning: may include video.)
- I used to read The Babysitters Club books. In fact, they're the only books that have ever made me teary. I loved the books so much I even bought all the videos. I secretly had a crush on Mary Anne Spier. (Damn you Logan Bruno, get your hands off her, she's mine!) I am currently frightened at how much I can still remember. I am also concerned I may have revealed too much about myself and compromised my right to own male genitalia.
- Very Top Five. You want creative (or 'Kreativ' rather)? This is one of the most original, amusing blogs ever created.
- The Travels of Praziquantel. Everyone needs a travel blog to follow. Ever wanted to travel the crap out of a country? (A term I just coined). This woman does with great gusto - read along and share in her adventures!
- Repertoire Food. You also need a food blog to follow. Aside from teaching you how to spell the word "repertoire" you'll learn many home-cooked (and cleverly improvised) recipes. I also love the little stories that go with the recipes that give them so much personality.
- Single Girl in San Diego. I never got to do the whole dating thing. This blog fills me in on a whole world I missed out on.
- Kelleidoscope. I'm hesitant about putting this blog on this list because I find it hard to believe that Kellie hasn't received one of these awards already. This is one of those blogs where the blogger's personality just shines through. Makes me wish I knew her in real life.
- Twenty-something going on Five. As a fellow student, I just can't appreciate this blog enough. This girl blogs with enough sarcasm to make baby Jesus cry. Also, I think she has that part of her brain removed that says "saying this out loud might be a bad idea".
- Morning Cup with Meg. And finally, a classy blog with a bit of everything. One of those bloggers that really puts her life out there for all to see and share.
And thanks again Kate! I love you and all things Canadian!